Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry Share Next Entry
mirror girl  Rockwell
I alluded to this in my last post but, oy.  I have been off my thyroid meds for three weeks as of today.  The imaging center that will do the scan that this is in prep for has yet to call me back, despite having my paperwork since Monday.  I called Wednesday and was told to expect a call by the end of the week, so I suppose they have three more hours - we'll see.  My hopes of being done with this by now turned out to be short-lived.  So there is nothing in front of me right now except falling slowly more and more out of balance. 

At this point naps are not optional (which is going to make tomorrow where I have two shows and plans to have dinner with a friend between interesting), exercising is unthinkable, and I never really get all the way awake, ever.  I'm up and an hour later I'm yawning.  Not that I'm sleepy necessarily, I just don't have the energy to do much of anything.  Once I start something I'm okay, but if I sit down with no goal in mind restarting is rough.  Add to that the fact that it is 'my time of the month' and welcome to my own personal hormonal rollercoaster.

I was doing really well before all of this.  In August I finally started writing all my food down again and lost six pounds.  My clothes, pants especially, were starting to fit better.  I had recovered well from my race and started running again with the goal of one more half-marathon before the end of the year in mind.  Now I am just meh all of the time.  I'm still trying to eat well but am craving comfort foods (which turns out to be a lot of fried things in my case) and since I'm not exercising can't burn anything that way.  Add my slowed metabolism to that and I am hopeful I can turn September into a wash, and then get back to making progress in October.

I am also debating if I should go in for my standing bloodwork this afternoon.  I have a different lab order for just before the scan that includes extra stuff, so I don't think another TSH test is necessary.  At the same time it would feel like I'm doing something - and maybe another set of higher numbers would get the imaging center off its ass.  At ther very least, it would probably mean my endo would call them which might help speed this along.  And it's only one vial of blood.  What do you think?
Poll #1619948 to test or not to test

Should I get my basic bloodwork done today?

Sure, why not. You'll make more blood anyway.
No, it won't change anything.
Ticky donation
Mostly I just want this to be done so I can start the climb back to normal.

  • 1
I'd call - feeling like this is no good for you.

Yeah, it's just when I called Wed, I was told the doctor who had to look over my stuff to schedule me was out for that day, and that I could expect a call by the end of the week. I asked the very nice phone person when I should call to poke if I hadn't heard anything and she said Monday, though she really doubted that would be necessary. So I'm stuck between needing to get this taken care of and not wanting to be one of 'those' patients before I even walk in the door. Maybe if I go take my nap they'll call just after I fall asleep.

Maybe the message wasn't passed on? I used to be a med sec and now I often have to call up medical appointments for my gparents - as long as you are polite and just ringing to check, as opposed to demanding an appointment RIGHT NOW, you'll be likely to get in early because you are fresh in their mind. At worst, if she says that she told you to call Monday, you can make a crack about how being off your meds is making you forget things and you're oh so sorry for bothering her. Then she will feel good about helping you. It can only be a win win.

I'm past the Friday window but I think I'm going to leave a brief message on their weekend machine asking for a call on Monday, and will still be very polite during that. Then we'll see what happens.

Word. Especially if chick doubted it'd go so long as to make it Monday, and not having it done is effing with your life, nothing wrong with calling today.

I slept past the time I could call (yay naps) but I'm going to leave a brief message asking for a Monday am call to at least get updated on what is going on.

Awwww I hope they get it together and get you feeling better soon!!

It's particularly frustrating because the same thing happened last year (different facility) when I needed to be radioactive, so I was off my meds longer than was necessary then too. I think I'm pulling too far in the opposite direction not wanting to spill that frustration on the new place.

(Deleted comment)
Thanks! I'm going to call everyone I can on Monday to try to get this done with.

Did you call today, and do you have an answer? I hope so, feeling this "meh" can't be fun for you!!

I did call today. Turns out this center needs the pregnancy test before they can schedule the appointment, as opposed to the last place which scheduled the appt and then I did the last round of testing. So I had blood drawn today, and hopefully will be able to set an official time tomorrow. I did express frustration to the woman at the phone that no one had told me this last week, and she apologized. So once again mis-communication is the culprit, but hopefully I'm closer to being done.

Yesterday was a little iffy, I didn't have much left by the time I got home, luckily with the show closed there's very little I have to do this week.

That was me. Demonstrating the brain fuzz by forgetting to log in first. Jeesh.

  • 1