So today is the spring equinox, which means it’s the start of the ‘equinox to solstice better health thing’ that J and I are doing. I’m listing out my goals, both in things to do and numbers to strive for, along with a few known exceptions. I plan to update at least once a month around the 20th, and maybe once a week if I get motivated enough.
I was trying to figure out appropriate headings to divide things under or a logical order but I’m choosing to simply list.
- - Cardio 3x a week, @ least 30 minutes each
- - Strength / flexibility 3x a week @ least 30 minutes each
(might be a yoga class, might be the Wii, might be doing workouts from Runner’s World)
- - Eating a fruit and a vegetable every day
- - Calorie counting through livestrong.com for a week, every third week of the 13 (5 total)
- - Floss daily
- - Wear sunscreen every time I run
- - Do weekly full skin care routine (facial scrub, loofah, lotion, etc)
- - Find an acupuncturist and try it
The goal of this is to get healthier overall. I know my running will improve if my core does, and I tend to neglect everything except miles when I’m training. But it helps if goals can be measured so –
- Weight currently 149, aiming for 142
- Pushups (girly) currently can do two or so before I have to pause (so sad), aiming for at least ten
- Situps currently around eight slow steady pushups, though I can’t keep my feet flat while doing it, want to get to 20.
Known slacker moments:
- I am running a half-marathon on March 27, so this very first week I will not be hitting the strength/flexibility too much because I don’t want to be sore for the race. Week two cardio will be at a minimum for recovery.
- My cousin’s wedding is April 30.
- I am running Bay to Breakers (12k) on May 15.
So there it is. I welcome any suggestions, especially of ways to measure out my goals, other than just checking them as done.