- Start each day with a sun salutation.
- Stretch out after every run; after every run minus one per week do the “keep it simple” workout from this month’s Runner’s World. For clarity I run 4-5 days a week so I’ll be doing the workout 3-4 days, I plan to skip the full exercise plan and only stretch after the longest weeknight run in every week. Here is the workout if you're interested, this month's issue arrived at just the right time because I was a bit at sea about where to start and this should work well for me; it is supposed to improve mobility, attack weakness, and massage muscles.
- Create a list of the people I’d invite if I were having a big birthday party this year by January 12 (I’m not; it’s not what I want to do). Use that list to start contacting friends for drinks/lunches/coffee/whatever hanging out, actually meet with one person/couple a week.
- Create a list of all my expenses by month and quarter, use that to budget what I’m putting in savings through March. Complete by Jan 21.
- Schedule and go to a massage before the end of January.
- Finish the dragon I began knitting in 2009 by the end of January.
- Find an out of the way spot to begin keeping all of the clothing catalogs that arrive for eventual wardrobe inspiration.
Several of my other goals start with one big thing and then get smaller. So given that several of the above will be accomplished by the end of January, here are the big one-time things to do in February.
- Go through my all of my knitting supplies and make a list of half-done projects, projects I have supplies for, general yarn, and patterns I really want to try. Keep this list somewhere I can see it, and then put all of the yarn etc. away (thanks for the hint about that Kate!). Pick one project to complete (or finish a demonstrable part of if larger) per month.
- Go through my closet / dresser to take stock of my current wardrobe. If anything is to be donated get it bagged and to Goodwill by the end of February.
- Research a new chiropractor/physical therapist and make an appointment by February 18.
My overall time frame is through March 31 which is 12 weeks (well a few days shy as of today). On April 1 I will evaluate what has happened so far determine what happens next. I will do a weekly post on Sundays or Mondays to keep myself accountable. (In my world a week is Mon – Sun, after so many years of theater it’s ingrained.)