Day 3 - Eight things that annoy you
Day 4 - Seven fears/phobias
Day 5 - Six songs that you’re addicted to
Day 6 - Five things you can’t live without
Day 7 - Four memories you won’t forget
Day 8 - Three words you can’t go a day without
Day 9 - Two things you wish you could do
Day 10 - One person you can trust
Eight things that annoy you
1. A person's bag, backpack, coat do not get their own seat on the train or bus! And don't sigh when I politely ask you to move them.
2. People walking while being so fixated on whatever electronic widget they're carrying they never look up - we are both on a public sidewalk and equally responsible for not having a collision.
3. Hang ups on the phone (I get a lot of these at work, I'm about three words into my spiel and they're gone.)
4. That getting older makes my recovery times slower - I get that I'll be sore after swimming laps, but it shouldn't be three days of soreness.
5. Books, or any story telling medium really, ending in an unexpected cliffhanger.
6. That the bathrooms actually need to be cleaned every week.
7. My ipod running out of battery halfway through a long run.
8. That thinking of annoying things makes me annoyed automatically - heh.
I did go for a run on Monday but tried something new, a 10-15 minute course of pre-stretching including rolling out my IT bands OUCH OUCH OUCH! But the left knee was then fine through the run. I did it again last night, same result. General wisdom these days is not to static stretch before a run, but I guess I am ungeneric. I'll be curious to see it this holds up doing longer miles. I'm also deciding if I want to pre-stretch before swimming (maybe?) and yoga (that seems silly). Probably I should roll out my IT bands daily but OMFG it hurts so much - which yes, is exactly why I should do it.
I swatched my next knitting project, and as always with the recommended needle size my swatch is too small. I don't feel like I knit that tightly, but every pattern in the world can't be wrong. I'm going to re-do the swatch on needles two sizes up (from 1 to 3), because conveniently I already own those needles, if it falls to the inbetween size I'll have to go and purchase new ones.
Yay for new Parks & Recreation last night, boo for that not being many more episodes.