Please copy mine below, erase my answers putting yours in their place then post it in your journal! Please elaborate on the questions that would benefit from elaboration! One-Word-Answers seldom help anyone out :)
2. Age: 35
3. Location: Mountain View, California. I tend to refer to home as “Bay Area” just because if gives people a better sense of the geography. More specifically San Francisco is an hour north, and San Jose is about 30 minutes south. (And also, has anyone else noticed that out here people use time to tell how far away something is? In WI my parents live 15 miles from Green Bay, but out here I live 15 minutes from Palo Alto. Just strange.)
4. Occupation: Theatrical Stage Manager, with my AEA card. I have a home at a LORT (League of Resident Theatres) company. Practically this means I work on four of their eight shows a year which adds up to between 32 and 35 weeks of work annually. I know that sounds strange, but for someone in theatre but to be on contract that many weeks is doing well. For example AEA members get a year of health insurance after working 20 weeks a year. The rest of the time? I occasionally go back to my day job at the kooky children’s book company working in their customer service department, but they have been slow so I recently discovered unemployment and letting the state support me, which I have to say doesn’t suck.
5. Partner?: J and I have been together for about a year and a half. Things are still really, really good in the day to day. There are some looking to the future issues I’ll discuss elsewhere (the boy has trouble thinking about his life more than a month in advance) but he makes me happy just by existing.
6. Kids: Nope. Interestingly I’m still up for the idea of getting pregnant and having a child, as long as I can give that child to someone else to raise who’ll let me be an auntie. A little strange, I know.
7. Brothers/Sisters: I have one brother who is 20 months younger than I am. He has a wife, two kids, a dog, and a house so luckily I have a little more leeway to be the odd child. We get along together really well, but aren’t great about staying in touch because we live really different schedules in different time zones.
8. Pets: Nope. I once kept a goldfish alive for almost two years but that is about the maximum commitment I’ve ever made.
9. List the 3-5 biggest things going on in your life:
a) Work. I just started rehearsals for a new show.
b) Running. I have registered to run the San Francisco half marathon (1st half) on August 3rd so I have been training.
c) Reading. J and I have similar tastes in Sci Fi and Fantasy but have mostly very different authors on our bookcases. So I’ve been reading my way through his library and finding some great new stuff.
10. School: University of Evansville, in Indiana. I have a BA in Literature and a BS in Theatre (still my favorite degree ever – heh) with a technical emphasis. Yup two degrees, I was an overachieving child. Evansville was a big city compared to where I grew up so it was a good stepping stone to even bigger cities, and the theatre department was always short on technicians which meant that if you were driven you could do an awful lot of different things.
11. Parents: Mom and Dad grew up in the same small town in Northeastern WI and would have officially met when they started school, since they were in the same grade. By high school they were dating, senior year Dad was on the football and basketball teams and Mom was a cheerleader. They did break up for a while in the college years but got married at 22 (well Mom was 21 for another two months) and are still together. I remember being a kid having overheard a fight and telling Mom I was scared. Her response: “As long as we’re fighting that means we both care about what happens and that is a good thing. If we stop caring, then you should get scared.”
Oh and the Big Read list of 100 books meme that is going around is fun to see. It turns out I've read 46 of those books, though I think that somehow listing 'Narnia books' or 'complete works of Shakespeare' as one item is cheating.